Saturday, December 1, 2012

New Adventure...

Yesterday was my last day at eXo... I have been working at eXo since 2008, and we have achieved many exciting things such as building eXo Platform, the open source social platform, and the Cloud-IDE allowing developers to build, test, and deploy applications online.

It was a great experience for me, but it is time for me to jump into a new adventure...

I am joining Couchbase as a Technical Evangelist for the EMEA Region. When I have started to work with NoSQL engines (starting with Google BigTable for Resultri) I really enjoyed the experience and the flexibility that it gives to the developers. Then I choose to work on a documented oriented database because it looks very natural to me, and evaluate the clustering capabilities. This is how I discovered Couchbase and its community.

This new job is a great opportunity for me to do the things that I really like about software:

  • Coding applications using different languages and frameworks
  • Understanding the sysops/devops related challenges when using a new product/technology
  • And finally probably the most important part; sharing it with others!
I look forward to sharing what I like about NoSQL and Couchbase and discuss with others about their experience or needs around NoSQL. 

See you soon online and in real life during conferences and meetups!

Couchbase Logo


Alexis MP said...

Seems like a wonderful challenge for you! Congrats!

zyed said...

Good Luck Tug !

Dom Derrien said...

Have you yet started to run around your couch? On my side, I'm happy to be back on BigTable (through App Engine).

Take care Tug.
A+, Dom

tog said...

Hehe ... Congrats & good luck for this exiting new challenge !